NJPW BOSJ tournament finalists decided tonight
Block A matches headline tonight’s event with two significant bouts pitting Chase Owens against Ryusuke Taguchi, and Gedo against Kyle O’Reilly.
O’Reilly and Taguchi are currently tied for first place in Block A, on 10 points each as a result of their 5-1 records in Best of the Super Juniors matches. If their scores remain tied after tonight’s Best of the Super Juniors event, Taguchi will advance to the final as a result of his win over O’Reilly on May 30.
Kushida, not in action tonight, has already won Block B, amassing 12 points and a 6-1 record in tournament matches. Bobby Fish, Mascara Dorada, and Rocky Romero are all second-equal in the block with eight points to their names before tonight’s final matches.
The winner of Block A (either O’Reilly or Taguchi) will advance to face the winner of Block B (Kushida) in the Best of the Super Juniors tournament final this Sunday, June 7. The runners-up will face off in a third-place bout.
NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Card:
- Hirooki Goto, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Kazushi Sakuraba, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Yoshi-Hashi
- Bobby Fish vs. Nick Jackson
- Mascara Dorada vs. Rocky Romero
- David Finlay vs. Tiger Mask
- Gedo vs. Kyle O’Reilly
- Baretta vs. Yohei Komatsu
- Chase Owens vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
- Barbaro Cavernario vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger