NZPWI Mission Statement
To increase the profile of pro-wrestling in New Zealand
To be the leading source of pro-wrestling information in New Zealand
To to be the voice of New Zealand pro-wrestling fans
The New Zealand Pro Wrestling Informer (NZPWI) has been New Zealand’s leading pro-wrestling news and information website since its inception.
Created by Dion McCracken in April 1999, NZPWI has gone on to become one of the longest serving professional wrestling websites online. In that time, NZPWI has championed pro-wrestling on behalf of New Zealand fans, working directly with local and international promotions, along with television, home video and gaming distribution companies.
Amongst our proudest achievements are:
– working with New Zealand based promotions to assist in raising their profiles
– working with Sky Television in consultation roles regarding pro-wrestling programming, resulting in successful bids which saw several specials and complete series being picked up
– working with WWE and its Australiasian promoters in consultation roles for all New Zealand tours
– working with TNA and WWA in consultation roles to promote their organisations in New Zealand
– being a point of contact for media when expert knowledge on the pro-wrestling industry is required
– publishing exclusive interviews with some of the biggest stars in pro-wrestling
– NZPWI Contributors have also been Media Accredited by World Wrestling Entertainment for live shows and tour publicity in New Zealand, Australia and The United States.
– NZPWI Founder Dion McCracken interviewed several WWE stars for a series of specials televised on SKY Arena in 2011, co-hosted the 2007 WWE In New Zealand SKY Television special and the WWA: The Reckoning pay-per-view preview show in 2003.
What can you expect from NZPWI? We have open communication with local promotions, television networks, video distributors and others in the industry and get up to date information as it relates to New Zealanders. Those in the business – both locally and internationally – contact us to ensure you as fans have the information at the earliest possible moment and we are constantly used as a resource by these industries to put across the fan’s point of view.