WWE and live music have always been linked. Just ask Mark Andrews.
As an NXT UK Superstar and bassist and vocalist in Welsh pop-punk band Junior, Mandrews understands the connection better than most.
And there’s no greater stage for music and pro-wrestling to come together than WrestleMania.
With WrestleMania 37 fast approaching, the former NXT UK Tag Team Champion picked out some of his favourite live music moments in WWE history.
“My personal favourite, I think, from all the ‘Manias is Shinsuke Nakamura, WrestleMania 34, with Nita Strauss slaying on guitar,” he said.
“The normal theme is amazing, with the violin solo, but her shredding on guitar was just amazing, and cause she’s Alice Cooper’s guitarist as well that made it even cooler. So that’s like top of the list.”
The 29-year-old also has a soft spot for The Undertaker’s entrance at WrestleMania 19 in 2003.
“I always think of WrestleMania 17 when I think of Limp Bizkit, ‘cause of My Way, and that was like the ultimate wrestling theme for a ‘Mania, so many people of my generation, that’s their favourite wrestling song,” he said.
“Then you forget that two years later Bizkit actually played Taker’s entrance, played Rollin’. They had the girls dancing in the ring just like the music video. That was awesome.
“Fred Durst being one of the biggest stars in the world at that time with another one of the biggest stars in the world in The Undertaker and doing this cool collab at WrestleMania while he’s entering on a motorbike. How much more coolness can you throw into one visual?
“Fred Durst in the ring, with the dancers, playing Rollin’, and then Taker on a motorbike coming down, pyro everywhere, that’s the best. That’s kind of like the 2000s in a nutshell right there, Undertaker’s entrance at ‘Mania 19.”
Mark Andrews’ Top 10 WWE Live Music Moments:
- Shinsuke Nakamura’s entrance with Nita Strauss at WrestleMania 34
- Triple H’s entrance with Motorhead at WrestleMania 17
- Cyndi Lauper appears at WrestleMania
- Sasha Banks’ entrance with Snoop Dogg at WrestleMania 32
- The Undertaker’s entrance with Limp Bizkit at WrestleMania 19
- Aleister Black’s entrance with Code Orange at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn
- Mark Andrews’ band Junior perform at NXT @ Download Festival 2017
- Bad Bunny performs his hit single ‘Booker T’ at Royal Rumble 2021
- Aretha Franklin, John Legend, and more perform ‘America The Beautiful’ at WrestleMania
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor gets into altercation with Baron Corbin at NXT Aftershock Festival
WWE WrestleMania 37 streams live April 11 and 12 on Sky Arena & WWE Network