Team NZ well received at Wrestle Rampage events
It was a bad result for New Zealand but a good result for pro-wrestling in South Australia this past weekend.
IPW representatives Pat Schisk, TK Cooper and Travis Banks came up short on both nights of the stacked Wrestle Rampage Revolution event, held in Adelaide.
Banks and Cooper were bested by Mr Juicy and Wreckin’ Ball Wilson (collectively known as Juicy Balls) on Friday night, while Schisk joined the duo for a six-man tag team loss against the Hotrodz on Saturday.
Despite their losses, Team New Zealand is said to have been received well by the sold-out crowds at the Star Theatre.
New Zealand expat Link Barnett had a more balanced weekend, defeating AJ Istria and “Smashing Machine” Chris Vice in a three-way dance on Friday night, before suffering a defeat against Marcuis Pitt on Saturday.
Also at the Wrestle Rampage Revolution double-header, New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Shinsuke Nakamura bested Damian Slater in a non-title main event on Friday.
Nakamura then teamed with Slater to turn back the challenge from “Jag” Hartley Jackson and TMDK’s Jonah Rock on Saturday night, concluding the King of Strong-Style’s Australian tour.
Wrestle Rampage Revolution, Night 1 Results:
- “Kiwi Bullet” Link Barnett def. AJ Istria & Chris Vice
- Juicy Balls (Mr Juicy & Wreckin’ Ball Wilson) def. TK Cooper & Travis Banks w/ Pat Schisk
- Robby Heart def. “Jag” Hartley Jackson
- Hardcore Match:
Havok def. Wreckin’ Ball Wilson
- EPW Tag Team Championship:
TMDK (c) def. The Hotrodz
- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Damian Slater
Wrestle Rampage Revolution, Night 2 Results:
- The Hotrodz def. Pat Schisk, TK Cooper & Travis Banks
- Marcius Pitt def. “Kiwi Bullet” Link Barnett
- Ticia Rose def. Envy
- Hardcore Match:
Havok def. Robby Heart via referee stoppage
- Chris Vice def. Mr. Juicy
- Wreckin’ Ball Wilson def. AJ Istria
- Damian Slater & Shinsuke Nakamura def. “Jag” Hartley Jackson & Jonah Rock