Professional Wrestling Entertainment (PWE) held its first event in Whangarei this past weekend. Homecoming entertained fans at the Kamo War Memorial Hall with a main event title bout for the PWE Northland Championship.
Stix turned away a challenge from Curtis Castlewood to retain the title he won at PWE’s first event, Uprising. Castlewood returns to Auckland empty-handed as he continues his quest for championship gold in New Zealand.
Scarlett also retained her title when she renewed her rivalry with JPE. The self-proclaimed “Tart with a Heart” submitted her long-time foe to retain the PWE Women’s Championship.
Brook Duncan and Paul Sayers—identifying themselves as “Real Players, No Games”—lived up to their all-business moniker with a win over Bryant and The Buggane. Duncan and Sayers took the fight to their larger opponents in a wild match that was contested in and out of the ring, before a superkick and sunset flip combination sealed the deal for the Real Players.
PWE Homecoming Results:
- “Wild Child” Zac Zildjian def. Shadow Ninja
- Taylor Adams def. Mitch Gray
- El Falcone def. JB Bennett
- Brook Duncan & Paul Sayers def. Bryant & The Buggane
- Charlie Roberts def. Rufguts
- PWE Women’s Championship:
Scarlett (c) def. JPE
- Ben Mana def. Michael Richards
- PWE Northland Championship:
Stix (c) def. Curtis Castlewood